He's back!!!

He's back!!!
HE'S BACK!!!!!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Is it real??

Dearest Family,
Hey.  How is everyone???  I miss you all.  Thanks for all the birthday wishes and packages and things!! I sure appreciate everything you all do for me.  Thanks so much!
Also Happy St. Patricks Day!!   I feel ashamed though.. I forgot to wear a green tie...... oops.  There is always next year right?? 

Well cool.  This week was flippin sweet.  Seriously.  We saw some amazing miracles.  We did exchanges with a district leader over in Lyman.  I stayed in our area and we were able to pick up a new investigator and it turns out that she has a pet Racoon!   So she let us touch it and pet it and it was like licking our hands! It was nuts!  We took some pictures of it, but they are on another missionaries camera, so i'll send them next week!  We also taught some great lessons that night and put another person named Theron on date to be baptized on the 13th of April.  The work is moving forward very quickly!  We have 3 baptisms this week!  Its going to be awesome!  
As a zone this week we hit the Dry SOE. Which means that we hit the standard of excellence as a zone except for in baptisms.  Next week we should have 13 baptisms as a zone.  So we will hit the Standard of Excellence which is (as a zone) 8 baptisms, 24 people on date, 40 people at church, 64 lessons with a member present, and 24 new investigators.  It is so exciting! 

Well hmm what else happened this week.  I am just jumping all over the place in this email... but on my birthday we went to Salt Lake for an all day training. It was pretty good. Then we had dinner with Elder Edstrom's family because they were in town and his sister was going into the MTC the next day.  It was great.  Olive Garden.  Mmmmm.  Then we went back to the Winn's house and they made me brownies for my birthday, got me a tie that matched President Winn's, and a really soft blanket.  It was very nice of them.  I am so grateful to have such an awesome mission president and his wife!
Well the last thing is the pictures this week!  Sooo YES! It is real!  Those are REAL academy awards.  This man who is letting us teach his friend in his home pulled them out yesterday.  They were given to his Grandfather.  His Grandfather got 7 Oscars! He has three of them.  He got them in set decoration!  And guess what movies for?  Hello Dolly, Cleopatra, and one other one I can't remember.   It was sooo cool!!  The only time I'll ever get to hold a real Oscar!!  I bet you are jealous Jennie... :)   ha ha it made me think of you.  ha ha So yeah.  Just another random cool thing that happens to us.  I love being a missionary.  And the man we are teaching in his home should be getting baptized this weekend.  His name is Billy.  Im excited.

Well I think that is it!  I love you all!  Miss you tons.  Hope you have an awesome week!

The church is true. 
Word.

Godspeed,

-Elder Hansen

Peak The Strategy

No comments:

Post a Comment