He's back!!!

He's back!!!
HE'S BACK!!!!!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Transfers!

Hello everyone!  So I don't have too much time so I am just going to hit the major points of what has happened lately.

-We finished up transfers and I am getting released and going to a new area.  We are about 99% sure that I will be going up to Kaysville to serve as a zone leader.  I will be serving in one of my old areas!! I served there for 5 weeks right before I came here.  It is going to be awesome.  I am so excited to have the opportunity to focus on the work and on a zone to try to lift and bless and motivate and just help them see success and be happy.  It is going to be a great opportunity.  So I will leave on Tuesday for the new area.

-My companion's birthday was on Wednesday and we had a very good day.  We taught 5 lessons and worked on transfers and he got some presents from some of the office staff and the people we teach.  It was fun. 

-We finally found one of the people we have been teaching after losing her for a week and a half.  Her purse was stolen (with her phone inside) and so she couldn't contact us and she went to park city with her family for a while so we could never find her.  But she got a new phone and then we got in contact and have been teaching her again.  She is preparing for the 1st to be baptized.  

-We had another couple lessons with Josh who I told you about last time.  He is awesome.  He is almost done with the doctrine and covenants and when we met last time we talked about the doctrine of Christ. At the end we asked him how he felt, and he said "well my plan is to finish reading the doctrine and covenants and finish the lessons that you teach me and then I want to be baptized."  It was sooo cool!!!!  We were about to invite him, but he already had the plan and has been praying about a time in march for baptism!  I have never taught someone as prepared as he is in my life!  He will be such a strong member of the church.  Usually most converts are converted by the way they feel when they meet with missionaries, when they read the Book of Mormon, or when they come to church.  It is interesting with Josh though.  I believe that he was converted solely because of the doctrine.  He knows the doctrine of the Church to be true, which is very good for someone who just started reading 2 months ago or less.  Granted he did read the whole triple.  Anyways, he is praying about the 8th.  It was such an awesome miracle and great experience to get to teach him.  

-We have a baptism today at 2:00pm for a girl named Danielle.  She is also very prepared.  It should be a great day!  

-We hit all of the Standards of Excellence this past week!  It was kind of hard to have that many lessons and be able to do everything else, but it was definitely a successful week. :)

-Lastly, we met with President to work on transfers and he invited two future mission president to come watch.  It was interesting!  One is going to Dallas Texas and the other to the Philippines!  We just talked about how a transfer works and what we do to find out where each missionary should go and who should do what.  It was fun to talk to them about it and see how excited they were to go to their own missions and work with the missionaries there.  

Well this was longer than I thought, but I have to go. We are going to go fill up the font.  I will try to write again on Monday.  Love you all!!!  Miss you a ton. Hope all is well there and that everyone is getting better!

Love,

-Elder Hansen

Peak the Strategy

No comments:

Post a Comment