He's back!!!

He's back!!!
HE'S BACK!!!!!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Baptisms!

Hey family!  Thanks so much for all your emails and support. I love you all and miss you and hope everything is going well for you. So ya,
This week was good! We had 3 baptisms! The first was an 8 year old baptism, but her parents are back in Africa and are not members so it counted as a convert baptism! We taught her a lot and had the interview last week and then she got baptized! The other two was a family we were working with a lot. A single mom (whose husband was killed in Africa :( ...  ) . Her name is Rachel Abit Dau. And her son got baptized as well. His name is Deng Mateoup Yak.  It was so cool.  I actually had the opportunity to baptize them personally.  It was amazing.  They were prepared by the Lord and the Spirit and it was so nice to be able to help them enter into this covenant and feel even more blessings from their Father in Heaven.  It was sooo sweet.  I will always remember this baptism. The spirit was very strong. This work is real and it is God's work. I am so grateful to be a part of it.  
Anyway, this week overall was pretty good. Haven't been able to find very many new people to teach though :/  . . . BUT we did get a referral at the baptism!  Another tender mercy from the Lord.  We had a pretty good district meeting this week.  I got to train on teaching with convincing power and authority, asking inspired questions, and listening.  It was one of the better district meetings I have given. I am so grateful for the spirit and how it can lead us, shape us, and help us feel comforted and strong.
Hmmm.  what else happened this week.... Oh! We ate at a place called the Blue Lemon. It is very nice. Elder Lee's adopted family, the Kingstons, took us there to eat.  They are pretty freaking awesome. Sister Kingston's brother lives in Colorado! He attends the Coal Creek ward!!!  He knows the Hathaways and the Melvers and Im sure many other families over there! It was cool to find that coincidence.  His name is Mike Newbry.  so yeah.  wordski.

Well I think that is pretty much it. Other than that just trying to do work and teach people! Its good. 
We have leadership training for 2 days this week. Should be interesting! Im excited to learn how to better help other missionaries. Thats been something on my mind for a while now, and I know I can receive an answer through these trainings. 

Well I don't have any more time. I love you all very much! I hope you are blessed from the Lord in everything you do. 
The church is true.

God lives and He loves us.
Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.

Miss you!

Godspeed.

-Elder Hansen

Peak the Strategy

P.S. here are some pictures from the baptism and stuff! Hope you enjoy them!  ( jk its only going to be one picture. The camera died as I was trying to put them on. oops.. ha ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment