He's back!!!

He's back!!!
HE'S BACK!!!!!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mission Splitting

Hola!  Sup errbody.
Well I have a lot I want to say, but not too much time slash my brain is a bit all over the place.  But I'll try to gather my thoughts enough to write a letter that hopefully you all can understand.

This week was great.  On Monday we said goodbye to President and Sister Winn.  We all played laser tag and went bowling.  It was a blast!  I am going to miss them so much.  They have taught me so many things that I will always remember.  The biggest thing is the importance of becoming a true disciple of Jesus Christ.  It is a life-long process, but because of them I have learned how to become better and really, truly learn to represent the Savior.  I have loved having them as our mission mom and dad.  I'll miss em.  Then the next couple days were just filled with working hard.  We are biking right now to save miles.  Since its the new month we are going to use the car again.  But this week was sooo hot!  Like 100 to 105 every day.  It was the wrong week to have to ride bikes.  But its all good.  We visited a lot of people and taught some great lessons.  I love seeing the miracles that we see every day as missionaries.  They are always happening, as long as we are working hard, being obedient, and having the faith to invite.  
We had District Leader Training and District meeting.  The usual.  We are trying to be more involved in the zone and the people that they are teaching.  We took the time this week to call all the missionaries in our zone and ask them who they have on date and how those people are doing and what we can do to help.  I sure hope that they know we care about them.  I don't know how much longer I will get to be a zone leader, but I appreciate the opportunity to try to serve other missionaries and help them in their work.  It has taught me a lot about how to love everyone no matter what their personality is.  Its taught me some patience.  Some missionaries make stupid decisions, and won't listen or respect us (especially when we are younger in the mission than they are....)  But I have found that there is not much you can do.  Just be patient.  Love them.  And do your best.  so ya.

What else? I think the last thing is that we taught a combined relief society and priesthood lesson yesterday at church.  It was the 5th Sunday so the bishop invited us to teach the 3rd hour lesson.  We used some movie clips from the worldwide broadcast "The Work of Salvation".    It was super cool.  We taught about member missionary work, and some of the changes for the members and missionaries in the broadcast.  We will find out tomorrow in Mission Leader Council what changes will be integrated in out mission.  They told all the zone leaders and sister leader trainers to pray about and seek revelation for the vision that the Lord has for our mission especially regarding the new announcements made at the broadcast.  Then tomorrow morning we will council about it and discuss what will happen in our mission.  As you know we have a new Mission President.  President Hansen.  We will meet him for the first time tomorrow.  Then we will see him on Thursday for a 4th of July party thing in Bountiful.  Then he is coming to meet all the missionaries in our zone on Friday.  Then next week is zone conference.  And the week after is interviews.  So we will get to know President and Sister Hansen pretty well over the next 3 weeks.  I believe that the transition will be good.  Hopefully smooth.  Wordski.

Alright.  I think that is about all!  Today isn't even P-day.  We get to email, but then it is a usual proselyting day.  Thursday will be our P-day ---> 4th of July.   

Well,
I love you all so much!  I hear a lot has happened this past week!  I hope everyone is doing well and that you are all blessed with happiness and opportunities to share the gospel with EVERYONE!  
God lives and loves us.
Jesus Christ is our Savior.
The church is true.  Fo real!

Godspeed.
-Elder Hansen

Peak the Strategy

P.S. Here is a picture from Jordan Sutton's baptism.  It was a couple weeks ago.  sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment