He's back!!!

He's back!!!
HE'S BACK!!!!!

Monday, July 29, 2013

What a week.

Wow.  I don't even know where to start.  This week has possibly been the busiest, most crazy week of my entire mission.  So much happened.  I feel like we didn't stop.  Not even once.  Just going and going all week.  
Thank you for all the emails, letters, love, and support that you have shown me.  I can feel your prays lifting me and helping me to become a more consecrated servant of Jesus Christ.  Seriously, thank you so much.

Well this week was nuts. First off on Monday we had some really great lessons with Breeana Becksted and Jamie and Sage.  With Breeana we had her baptismal interview so that she would be ready for Saturday.  Everything went smoothly and she knows her stuff.  Then the next day, Tuesday..... For morning exercise we woke up at 5:30 and ran from some elders apartment in Tooele all the way up to the top of the "T" on the mountain and back.  It took about 2 hours.  We stopped 2 times and only for about a minute or two each time.  It was intense.  Not easy thats for sure.  I was actually impressed that we did it.  Im not really a runner, but this was a fun time.  It made me really sore for the next couple days though.  Afterwards we got ready and went to do some service for a cool family. --> the Demke family.  Pulled weeds and did yard work for a couple hours.  Then missionary work and some great lessons with a lady named Goldy (she is like 75 years old) A girl named Dayra, and a man named Alex.  Alex wanted to be taught by elders.  He lives in Tooele in a sister missionary area, but they handed him over to us to be taught.  We will do the teaching but all the key indicators (numbers) will be counted for the sisters.  So it works out well.  He is preparing to be baptized on the 17th of August now!  Sick.
Wednesday!  Pioneer Day!!!!!  :)   We went down to the parade in Salt Lake City.  Contacted at the parade for 2 hours and got a lot of referrals.  It was a competition throughout the mission to get the most referrals.  Then came back to Tooele and had our P-day.  word.  Then Dinner with a Less-active/part-member family.  They fed us stake.  It was good.  Then taught a little boy named Kaden Wyman who is getting baptized on the 24th of August.  Then ended with the Demke family again.  Had a brief lesson and celebrated the 24th.  They lit off some small fireworks and we had a good time.  Had a little war with those little  "Pop its" things.  They exploded on our shirts and left little marks on them... oops :)  ha ha anyway...

Then Thursday.  District Leader Training.  We gave a training on Improving our teaching skills using chapter 10 in Preach My Gospel.  It went well.  The rest of that day was good.  Talked to a lot of people.  Went on splits with some ward mission leaders.  We went to a family who is from Colorado!  They moved here a couple months ago.  They are not members.  Christians.  Very nice people!  Their names are Jeremy and Kari Ell.  Awesome people.  I think over time they will let us teach them and may join.  So yeah.
Hmmmmm Friday... This is where everything just starts to go crazy!  We had district meeting in the morning as usual.  I took an Elder from Tonga (Elder Kolomalu)  to the chiropractor because his back was hurting him a ton.  Then Weekly planning.  Afterward a short celebration for a sister missionaries birthday!  Sister Pratt.  She is great.  Had some cake and sang and all that.  Then went home and changed clothes to regular clothes. We had a baptism interview for a girl named Marti Marie Vail, the other girl who got baptized this weekend.  We went to their house and had the interview. Then we left with them right afterwards to go to Vernon, Utah to go haul hay.   So we did!  Its about 45 minutes away.  Hauled for a couple of hours.  We did about 100 bales.  Lifted em up and threw them onto the truck.  Stacked them up and took them back to Erda.  Then we had a quick dinner and then unloaded all the hay.  So yeah.   Pretty nuts.  Then came home and got some presents ready for Sister Pratt's birthday the next day.  Slept for just a little bit.... ha ha   
Now Saturday!  Baptisms!  We had one at 10:00am for Breeana!  It went great!  Such a good spirit there and so many friends and family showing support. It was awesome.  Then came home for 1 hour.  Had a cool barbecue outside our house cause we happen to have a barbecue.  Invited a bunch of missionaries over and had a birthday barbecue for sister Pratt.  It was fun.  Couldn't stay long though.  Left for the second baptism.  Marti Vail.  She is such a funny, cool little girl.  Her family who is not active in the church came.  It was awesome!  The spirit was there and we were all able to see her make such a big step and be such a good example to her family.  Then right after the baptism we helped some housing missionaries from the mission office move some beds to a new apartment in tooele for new missionaries coming in next transfer.  From there we met the Vail family again and went back to Vernon to bale hay again!   yes.... x2.  It was fun.  This time we threw 160 bales.  Loaded up the trailer and truck and then brought them back.  Ate at a tiny place in Vernon for dinner, then unloaded all the hay back in Erda.  Then ended the night at coldstone.  It was crazy........... so much service this week.  I LOVE IT!   
Then Sunday.  We found out on Saturday at about 4pm that the lighthouse ward wanted us to speak in their sacrament meeting.  So we gave talks in that ward in the morning.  Then went to the batesville ward to confirm Marti a member of the church.  I actually got to do the confirmation!  It was great.  such a blessing to get to use the priesthood to bless someones life for more than just a short time, but for eternity.  So ya.  Then Silver Spur ward.  It was a missionary farewell.  Its weird to see those now.  It doesn't even click in my head that I did that not too long ago.  weird.  Then we had a short dinner.  Had a couple appointments.  One with a new lady we will be working with that is just hungry for the gospel.  The bishop told us about her and we taught her and the family she lives with (that are Catholic)  about the restoration of the gospel.  It was a wonderful lesson.  The grandmother that was in the room love us. She wanted me to write you mom and let you know that you raised a great son.  Ha ha but yeah.  It was fun to teach them.  Then it rained really, really, hard for about an hour.  We got soaked. It was legit.  Then went to the Heder's home and talked to them about an activity we are doing for the youth on Tuesday for their youth conference.  Then home......

WHAT A WEEK........    I feel so tired.  Lifting those hay bales and that run earlier in the week was rough.  My body still hurts a bit.  The bales were about 80 to 100 pounds a bale, but they said this was a heavier load for some reason.   Packed tighter or something?  No idea. Im not really a farm boy, but i sure enjoyed it!  Its a lot of fun.  

Well that is about it.  I have a ton of pictures to send!  I'll get working on it.   Love you all!  Hope you have an amazing week. 

much love,


-Elder Hansen

Peak The Strategy

No comments:

Post a Comment